Tuesday 31 December 2013

An ode to you, the 365th day of the year.

First.
Au Revoir 2013.
2014, here I am saying a heartfelt hi to you.
New year's eve seems like
a perfect time to display some
narcissistic love:)

Largely, across the globe, all over the universe, you are worshipped, celebrated and looked up to. You are a steady diet of hundreds of songs, thousands of sitcom episodes, gazillions of movies. Millions of bloggers publish a post on you. You are the reason people, dress up, get high, loose their lives, fill their hearts with 'resolutions'. Earlier this time of the year, you were welcomed expectedly, with open arms like a pregnant mother awaiting to celebrate the delivery of the cocoon that harvested in her womb for 9 months and just like that, soon you too like a grown up child who is all set to face the wrath and thunder of the world, bid all of us goodbye.You fill the eyes of people with hope, urgency and a kind of demand that is hard to brush off easily. Millions, push their sorrows away and let a brave grin dance on their face, because they consider you legendary, something that needs to be welcomed with extraordinary affection and warmth. For some you were like a breath of fresh air, giving them immense happiness, love and satisfaction and for some you were like the hopeless hurricane that refuses to leave the grounds of earth inspite of everyone's earnest payers. You are optimism. You are pessimism. You are nostalgia. You are melancholy.You are heaps and tonnes of shady adjectives all rolled into one. Hard to believe that you will leave all of us in a lurch today. You will be buried in that coffin whose tombstone some might feel like visiting and some might be not.
To me, you weren't the one who would be worth to cherish for. The amount of percentage of good was humongously low than bad. But you gave me some people, some wonderful souls whom I'd like to be in touch with for eternity. You gave me this unexplained kind of power that I never thought I even possess. I've grown 'that-little-bit-more'. So, for that I will thank you. With bottom base corner of my heart, I am bidding you Sayonara, forgetting the bad as an unpleasant memory and the good as a beautiful one.
2014, is the turning point of my life. This is where my quest begins, where it all starts, this is where I am supposed to say, "Bring it on, baby!"
And I am beginning it with these two beauties. The loves of my life.


I wish I could make this man my
soulmate. Well he is, in my dreams. His presence is mystical.
Murakami. You are a god. To me, atleast.

Come on!
Who on earth doesn't like a nirvana-full
bite of my favorite red velvet?













A happy and an eventful new year to all the people who read this blog.

Much Love,
R.


p.s- 2014, be nice to me, please?

2 comments: