Wednesday 30 April 2014

Her, Rains and bundles of nostalgia.

Before I start typing these 'precious' little words out of  my pretty little laptop, I would like to tell you that I cried buckets and buckets today. The last time I cried like this was when I was around 14 when, Stallion, a pretty little jet-raven colored street puppy who wandered near my house and whom I loved and adored till death, was crushed to death when she was around 2 months old by a speeding jeep. And when I sit down to cry, that crying isn't just for the event that has made me weep. I literally sit in my room, head ducked between my knees and recall every trivial sad detail about my past experiences and the things that deeply affected me. It's a bloody awful habit if you ask me. But it also gives me this incredible let-out, a brilliant catharsis. Getting pack to the point, why I cried.
I watched Her today. A wonderful romantic science-fiction heart-stopping film. And words fail me to describe how beautifully crafted that film was. There wasn't a single second where I felt unconnected. Here's this dialogue that Amy Adams says to Joaquin Phoenix which pretty much explains the kind of person I am.

And there's one more line that Theodore says. It's heart-breaking and nostalgic and just...
                                                       

     And also I feel like marrying Scarlett Johansson's incredibly wonderful voice. I loved the conversations between Samantha and Theodore.  They make you question about the world and mostly about human existence.The ending scene where Amy Adams and Joaquin Phoenix sit on the roof and watch the sun rise, sent a ripple through my veins. But the thing that really moved me was,  THE MOON SONG. This song, is so hauntingly beautiful. Karen O's voice! God. It evoked almost everything in me.
                  Days like these are so rare. Days like these make you question about what significance you have in this hugely ginormous world. Whether or not you are gonna get crushed like an ant in the world that fails to  stop functioning. Days like these make you wander off to a very dreamy sleep. And on days like these, when you wake up from that 'very-dreamy' sleep to make yourself a cup of tea, your nostrils are intoxicated with the smell of wet earth and your feet somehow lead you to the window and your heart skips a beat to watch the rain pour heavily on the roof.
         You can cry and then feel better about life. On days like these you can give your shoulders a break for carrying the weight of your hugely pregnant brain that constantly brims with tension and hustle-bustle. On days like these you just sit back and wonder while your heart swells up with a million unanswered questions.                         

4 comments:

  1. Good Read Rushika! Keep blogging! Yes at your age things are not too clear but don't take these things to heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nima auntie! will try my best to blog as much as I can and I am trying my best not to take it all to my heart:)

      Delete